With the increasingly prominent global environmental problems, the world attaches more importance to clean energy. It not only encourages the development of photovoltaic and wind power industries, but also introduces a series of subsidy policies for photovoltaic power generation. The solar LED street light market has a bright future, and a large number of entrepreneurs immediately swarm in. As the tide of clean energy surges, the role of solar street light is emerging. The first is the application of LED, which is also an energy-saving and environment-friendly product. When LED is applied to outdoor lighting on a large scale, the performance of solar powered street lights is greatly improved, followed by the improvement of conversion efficiency of solar panels and the “abatement” of lead-acid batteries. These changes make solar led street light become green products in a real sense. From the beginning, they cost no electricity and are easy to install to energy saving and environmental protection, solar street light have completed a significant transformation.
The more mature the technology, the cheaper price it will be. Most engineering projects will also give priority to solar led street light, because they consume a lot of electricity. Although solar led street light require a certain amount of capital investment in the early stage, in the long run, the rate of return is very considerable due to its non-consumption of electricity. Such a rate of return is not only reflected in the economy, but also reflected in the environment.
Main advantages of solar led street light
- Energy Saving – Solar led street light uses the natural light source in nature to reduce the consumption of electric energy.
- Security – There may be safety hazards caused by construction quality, material aging, abnormal power supply and other reasons. But the solar street lamp does not use alternating current, uses the battery to absorb the solar energy, converts the low voltage direct current to the light energy, does not have the safety hidden trouble.
- Environmental Protection – The solar street light is pollution-free and radiation-free, which conforms to the modern concept of green environmental protection.
- High Content of Science and Technology – The solar led street light is controlled by intelligent controller, which can automatically adjust the brightness of the lamp according to the natural brightness of the sky in 1d and the brightness required by people in various environments.
- Durable – At present, most of the production technology of solar cell modules is sufficient to ensure the performance does not decline for more than 10 years. Solar cell modules can generate electricity for 25 years or longer.
- Low Maintenance Costs – In remote areas away from towns, the cost of maintaining or repairing conventional power generation, transmission, streetlights, and so on is high. Solar led street light only needs periodic inspection and little maintenance workload, and solar street light price of maintenance is less than conventional power generation system.
- Modular installation components – The installation is flexible and convenient, so that users can choose and adjust the capacity of solar powered street lights according to their own needs.
- Independent Supply of Electricity – Off-grid operation of the solar led street light with power supply autonomy, flexibility.
Major disadvantages of solar led street light
- High Cost – Large initial investment of solar street light, the total cost of a solar led street light is 2 to 4 times of the same power of conventional led street light, that makes the solar street light price much higher than led street light.
- Low Energy Conversion Efficiency – solar photovoltaic cell conversion efficiency of about 15% ~ 19%, theoretically silicon solar cell conversion efficiency up to 25%, but after the actual installation, may be due to the surrounding buildings block the efficiency. At present, the area of solar cell is 110W/m2, and the area of 1kW solar cell is about 9m2. Such a large area is almost impossible to be fixed on the light pole, so it is still not applicable to the expressway and main road.
- Affected by the Geographical and Climatic Conditions – due to the sun to provide energy, the local geographical and climatic weather conditions directly affect the use of street lamps. Overcast and rainy day is too long can affect bright light, bring about illuminance or brightness to reach the requirement of national standard, appear even do not shine a light. For example, solar street lights in most parts of Russia are too short at night due to insufficient daylight.
- The Service Life of Components and Low Cost Performance – The price of energy storage battery and controller is relatively high, and the energy storage battery is not durable enough, which must be replaced regularly. The service life of the controller is generally only 3 years.
- Low Reliability – Due to the influence of external factors such as climate, the reliability is reduced. For example, 80% of the solar street lamps on Shenzhen binhai avenue cannot rely on the sunlight alone. Similar to yingbin road in dazu county, Chongqing, the street lamps are powered by dual power sources.
- Difficult Management and Maintenance – The maintenance of solar street lamps is difficult, the quality of heat island effect of solar panels cannot be controlled and detected, and their life cycle cannot be guaranteed, and they cannot be uniformly controlled and managed. Different lighting conditions may occur.
- Illumination Scope is Narrow – the solar energy street lamp that applies at present is inspected by Chinese municipal engineering association and measured on the spot, general illuminance scope is 6 ~ 7m, beyond 7m outside can dim not clear, cannot satisfy the need of fast road, main road.
- Solar Street Lighting has not Established Industry Standards – Environmental protection anti-theft problem, battery improper treatment may cause environmental problems.
- Theft is also a big problem – in addition.
How to choose solar led street light
When you are ordering solar led street lights, make sure you know what configuration you will need, what kind of road they will be used in, how often they will be used, what the local solar radiation situation will be, and what about the brightness and lifespan requirements? The configuration of solar street lights varies with wattage and price. A set of solar street lights equipped with a very good configuration will be very good to accept the sun’s rays, the brightness of the light is very high, the light is very soft, will not hurt the eyes, and the lighting time is relatively long, if there is rainy weather halfway, it can also be uninterrupted lighting.
Therefore, it is suggested that the purchase price is high but reasonable and the solar street light is better equipped. Of course, good technology is also a very important factor supporting the price. The quality of a technology directly determines the use of solar street lights.
1. Check the reliability of the manufacturer
The strength of the manufacturer is very important. Why? Because if a manufacturer has a strong strength, the size of the factory must be large, suppliers are also many, they can have a number of choices, also can give the maximum benefit to customers. Not only that, the strength of the manufacturers, you can provide more advice and more professional services.
2. Check the detailed configuration of the solar led street light
If you want to choose a more cost-effective solar street light, you must see the detailed configuration of the street lamp. Too complex things can not, but the power of the lamps, the size of the panels, the capacity of the battery and so on will see. Because such the wind of fictitious mark capacity on the market is stronger and stronger, if do not know to distinguish, will suffer loss likely. In addition, do not know some street knowledge, the right to grasp the hand in the other side, they do not know the overall effect is how, this is the most suffocated.
3. Check the warranty time
Normally, the warranty time of solar street light is 1-3 years. The longer the warranty time is, the higher the quality of the product will be and the higher the price will be. If you choose the product with short warranty time for cheap, the cost of follow-up maintenance will be very high.
How to install the solar led street light
Select the direction of the light source according to the road direction and the position of the light source, pay attention to the latitude where the light is installed, and adjust the Angle of the solar panel. The tilt Angle takes the local latitude as the reference standard, so that the solar panel can meet the maximum exposure area of the road.
The solar street lamp must be installed on a sunny surface with no shading all day long. Solar panels face south in the northern hemisphere. The southern hemisphere, on the other hand, faces north.
Ambient temperature: -20℃~60℃. In the cold environment, should be appropriate to add system configuration, increase the temperature protection.
There should be no direct light source above the solar panel. So as not to make the lamp light sensor system misidentification resulting in mis-operation.
Installation of foundation embedded parts (demonstration drawing)
In the case of survey site, if the soil is hard, excavate a pit of about 1 cubic meter at the location of the installation of lamps (depending on the height of the light pole). In case of soft soil or special requirements, the excavation depth shall be determined separately.
3. Install the lamp
How solar street light work for you?
To make sure solar led street will be right for you, contact a reliable solar street light supplier, and they will design and quote your project free of charge. So that you can choose whether it is best choice to use solar led street light. We are a manufacturer of solar street light, if you need any help please contact us immediately and we can quote accordingly for your project.